Powder coating is a finishing process that involves applying a dry, electrostatically charged powder to a metal surface. The coated part is then cured in an oven, resulting in a smooth, durable, and uniform surface. Here are some of the key benefits of powder coating:
- Durability: Powder coating provides a highly durable finish that resists chipping, scratching and fading. The cured powder coating is more durable than traditional paint and withstands harsh weather, chemicals and UV rays.
- Environmental friendliness: Powder coating is an environmentally friendly process that uses no solvents and emits no volatile organic compounds (VOCs). This makes it a safer and healthier option compared to traditional paint systems, which can be hazardous to both workers and the environment.
- Versatility: Powder coating can be applied to a variety of metal substrates including aluminum, steel and stainless steel. Parts of different shapes and sizes can also be coated, from small components to large structures.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The powder coating provides an even and attractive finish that is available in a wide range of colors and textures. It can be customized to fit any design or application requirement, adding to the overall aesthetics of the coated part.
- Cost-Effective: Powder coating is a cost-effective finishing option that can reduce overall production costs by eliminating the need for additional finishing steps. It also reduces maintenance needs as the durable finish requires fewer touch ups and repaints over time.
Overall, the advantages of powder coating include its durability, environmental friendliness, versatility, aesthetics and cost-effectiveness. These advantages make powder coating a popular choice for various applications including automotive, construction, industrial equipment and consumer products.
Our products are coated as standard in the color RAL9005 (black) matt fine structure. The surface is therefore not smooth but has a fine, rough, matt structure.